My Life Plastered on the Internet

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Dead Island, WHO DO YOU VOO DOO, BITCH?!?!

Or as I like to say it... "HOO-HOO-CAH-CHOO-CHOO, BITCH!!"
(I seriously let the intro of the game play a bit just to get to this part... thought the song was catchy)

Anyhoo, I enjoyed the gameplay. It was fun swinging venom hammers and occasionally seeing zombies vomit. I actually started playing this game sometime around 2011, a few months after it came out. It's my boyfriend's game and he still paid full price for it meaning we bought it relatively close to the release date. At the time I didn't have an Xbox of my own so I played on his. I was a noob when I started playing and was overwhelmed with the zombies and probably didn't get no higher than level 7 in the game. I didn't really give the game a chance. I ended up making a judgement on it and said "'Twas Meh." My boyfriend didn't play it either because he was into Skyrim or MW3, whichever. I was usually the one watching him play.

Basically Dead Island was left untouched for several months... I got my own Xbox 360 sometime this January and still didn't give the game much thought. I was into Skyrim for several months, moved on to Dead Space, and Borderlands. Few other games in between and still did not really try to play Dead Island. It wasn't till the beginning of July that I was able to get into it. I was going through an Xbox hiatus and Dead Island welcomed be back! I decided "Heck, why not?!" One thing I regret though is buying it so early when I didn't even play it to begin with, my boyfriend and I could have saved a couple of bucks. Oh well, life continues.

In all, like I said earlier, I liked this game. It was entertaining and I was having fun. I liked the combat aspect and upgrading my weapons. Some of the mods were entertaining as well, there was probably a lot that I missed as well. One thing I didn't like is the idea of collecting parts for my weapons... Sometimes things weren't available. I'm sure I didn't even get a chance to make some weapons because of the lack of items available. Yeah there's a few sales guys but they don't have everything on them. I guess that is when playing online comes into play. For this game I didn't like the online gaming experience. I found that all the people I played with were wondering off and doing their own thing not even helping out with quests... Found it annoying and ended up playing solo. If I play again I will probably do it online just to get some achievements. I'm a nerd and try to get them all... Gotta catch em' all, gotta catch em' all! haha. Also the scenery of the game was beautiful. I wouldn't mind vacationing there, shoot I wouldn't even mind zombies... BRING em' On!  Other than the scenery though it didn't quite catch my eyes. The trailer looked so cool and awesome I thought It would be amazing, I was let down. I was even more let down that the trailer scene shown wasn't even in the game (maybe it was a sidequest I missed, but I doubt it). That was an intense, horrific, sad cut scene, HOW CAN IT NOT BE ADDED?! That scene made me want to play the game.

Throughout the game you're trying to contact this guy on the radio who can supposedly help you get off the island. In order to do so you do quests on the island for survivors. There is at least six places where there are a group of survivors. I thought at the end of the game there would be a way to save them, get them on a plane and vroom.... But no, you beat the last boss (don't really thing there was bosses, actually... haha) and you're done. You take off on a plane with a villain as your pilot. As far as you know the island of Banoi will be destroyed to kill the virus regardless of the survivors. I didn't really like the ending.

Fun game to play, good story line for the most part, lame ending. My grade? 7.5/10

Will I play it again? Maybe.

No comments: